The proposed HYI building will be split into two sections: eight-storeys and twelve-storeys.
The building will include 260 apartments for seniors, a public community centre and a seniors hub offering seniors-focused services to the community. Construction of the HYI building is anticipated to start in 2018, with completion anticipated in 2021.
- On-site underground, weather-protected parking
- Short-term surface visitor parking
- Community centre and seniors hub with programming and services
- Indoor and outdoor amenity and common spaces for residents
- Outdoor garden and pedestrian walkway
- Green/energy efficient building systems
General Contractor Martinway Development for York Region’s non-profit housing corporation.